SEARED HALLOUMI WITH SIMPLE SALSA
French baguette, sliced
1 clove garlic
3 vine ripened tomatoes, finely diced
1 red pepper, finely diced
½ red onion, finely diced
6-8 Food Snob Mixed Pitted Olives
6 mint leaves, shredded
½ wedge Food Snob Preserved Lemon, finely sliced
Sea salt & pepper
200gm Food Snob Cypriot Halloumi
- Brush the sliced French bread with the oil and grill or toast until golden then rub with the garlic clove.
- Combine the tomatoes, red pepper, onion, olives, mint and lemon and mix well. Add a splash of olive oil and season to taste.
- Slice the Halloumi generously and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat a non-stick pan and spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
- Sear the halloumi strips for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and soft.
- Slice in half on the angle to serve.
- Top each toasted bread slice with the seared halloumi and top with the salsa and fresh mint leaves.