HALLOUMI BAKE WITH TOMATO & CHORIZO
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion, diced
2 zucchinis, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 chorizos, sliced
1 teaspoon each – smoked paprika, cumin seed
½ teaspoon each – turmeric, chilli flakes
4 vine ripened tomatoes, diced or 1 can whole peeled tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
200gm Food Snob Cypriot Halloumi
Fresh basil and cracked pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. In a heavy cast iron pan or similar, heat the oil then add the onion, zucchini, garlic, chorizo and spices and sauté for 4-5 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 5 minutes until saucy.
- Cut the halloumi into generous slices and lay over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh basil and cracked pepper.