3 Cheese Mac N Cheese with Truffle Oil
Recipe by EUGENE HAMILTON
Our friend Eugene Hamilton has created a delicious Mac n Cheese using three Food Snob Cheeses; Our Food Snob Aged English Cheddar, Food Snob Dutch Gouda & Food Snob French Brie. Enjoy
2 large onions finely diced
750ml vegetable stock
200g Food Snob Dutch Gouda
100g Food Snob Classic French Brie
200g Food Snob Aged English Cheddar
30ml truffle oil or paste
Salt/pepper to taste
50g panko bread crumbs
2 spring onions finely sliced
- Cook the macaroni and set aside.
- In a large pot on a medium heat melt the butter and cook the onions until translucent.
- Add the flour and cook for 1-minute stirring constantly. Add the milk slowly stirring constantly to avoid lumps. When all the milk is added then add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the three food snob cheeses (only half of the cheddar), mix well then add the macaroni, truffle and season to taste.
- Pour mixture into an oven proof dish and top with the panko crumbs and the remainder Food Snob Cheddar.
- Place into the oven at for 15-20 minutes until the panko has turned golden.
Remove from the oven, top with the spring onions and serve.